The good news is that the Fitbit app works with over 200 different mobile devices, including iOS, Android, and Windows 10. Here’s what you should be aware of:
1. Make sure your device is compatible. Here’s where you can see if you’re compatible.
2. Look for the Fitbit app on your phone. It will be on the App Store if you have an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad. It will be on the Google Play Store if you have an Android device, such as a Samsung Galaxy phone. It will also be available in the Windows Store for Windows 10 mobile devices if you have a Lumia phone or Surface tablet. Only if you have a Fitbit Surge will you need to scroll down to our Windows 10 guide.
3. Install the app after you’ve discovered it. It’s fully unrestricted.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch the app and select ‘Join Fitbit.’ This tutorial will walk you through the process of setting up a Fitbit account. The software will also walk you through pairing your tracker with your phone. This will allow you to sync the data from your tracker with your phone or tablet. If your tracker is not charged, this will not function.
5. A last note: The information you enter into Fitbit is private, but you may modify this in the ‘Privacy’ settings to allow Fitbit Setup pals to see your age, height, or weight. Mind you, just if you’re feeling courageous.